#208 1811 WEST 16TH AVE, KITSILANO, VANCOUVER, B.C., V6J 2M3, Canada
Easily worthy of an Architectural Digest feature, this absolutely gorgeous, 2-level, 2-bedroom heritage conversion apartment has a distinctly elegant European flair. A wonderfully bright, top-floor corner suite, this meticulous home exudes quality and charm. Many unique features include soaring 16' ceilings, huge windows, exposed brick walls & steel beams, built-in cabinetry, and gas fireplace with French Country surround. Huge master suite on second level, beautifully renovated bathrooms, steam shower, Chef's kitchen with SS appliances, gleaming HW floors. Handy access to spectacular view communal roof deck (one flight up the stairs right beside the suite's front door). 1 parking, storage locker. Pets welcome. Cedar Mews is meticulously maintained by pro-active strata. THIS IS SPECIAL!
- Designated Heritage building converted to luxury apartments in 1998 and meticulously maintained by pro-active strata
- 1315 sq. ft. with 2 well-separated bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms
- Loft-style, 2- level, top-floor corner suite with southerly and easterly exposure
- Airy and bright with large over-height arch-capped windows and lovely tree-top outlook
- Soaring 16’ ceilings and fabulous character features including exposed brick walls and steel beams, deep baseboard trim and crown mouldings
- Electric baseboard heating (rarely used as fireplace heats the entire space)
- Fresh air inlet/outlet in living room provides handy portable AC unit connection
- Renovations 2014 - 2019 include:
- Gorgeous new master bathroom (2019) Top-quality Roman Shade window coverings throughout
- Cast-concrete French Country fireplace surround with classically profiled mantle with lit inset for art display, and lovely sconce lighting
- Elegant custom-designed built-in TV cabinet with Carrera marble top and
remote-controlled TV lift
- Updated main floor bathroom with new toilet and vanity
- New stainless-steel appliances (2014)
- Handy access to fabulous communal roof-top deck with city and mountain views, dining area and natural gas BBQ
Pets welcome (any combination of 2 dogs or cats) - see Bylaws
The spectacular, open-plan, main level exudes character and elegance from the moment you step into the entrance hall.
- Gleaming engineered Oak hardwood floors
- Well-equipped chef’s kitchen with:
- Granite countertops
- Glass panel upper cabinets
- Double sinks
- Whirlpool refrigerator
- Bosch dishwasher
- GE gas range with double ovens
- Frigidaire microwave/hood fan
- Spacious dining area, with beautiful chandelier, accommodates large family gatherings
- Gorgeous living room with stylish French Country gas fireplace with lit inset art display, and designer inspired wall-mounted ancient map of London circa 1700
- Custom built-in TV cabinet with remote controlled TV lift
- 2nd Bedroom with exposed brick feature wall (currently used as office/den)
- Luxurious bathroom with marble clad steam-shower with seat and rain-shower head
- Handy to the kitchen a large pantry is cleverly tucked under the stairs
The carpeted upper level offers a spacious king-size master suite with walk-in closet with custom organizers, skylight with remote controlled blind, and seating area with lit built-in shelving. The new luxurious master bathroom features a walk-in shower with rain-shower and hand held adjustable shower, and sleek glass barn-door enclosure. The laundry room has extra shelving and a clothes hanging rack. A large 58 sq. ft. carpeted storage area (access door on east wall behind art) provides ample space for luggage and more.
This unique apartment provides a communal entertainment-size lounging and dining area on the roof deck, one flight up via the staircase immediately beside the unit’s entrance door. This spectacular deck with stunning city, mountain, sunset, and water views is perfect for sun bathing, BBQs with friends and romantic al fresco dining under the stars. The deck has a covered area with natural gas BBQ, dining area for 6, and lounging area.
Set in the coveted pocket of Kitsilano known as Lower Shaughnessy, this centrally located home is handy to everything the city has to offer - within a short walk of South Granville designer shops, restaurants, live theatre and services, and excellent grocery shopping is just 3 blocks away either at Meinhardt Fine Foods on Granville or Loblaws City Market at Arbutus. Granville Park, with its playing field, public tennis courts and seating areas, is right across the street, and The Arbutus Greenway (awesome biking and walking!) is 2 blocks west. The Vancouver Lawn and Tennis Club is one block away. With transit at your doorstep, downtown, UBC, and the airport are an easy commute!
Public schools: Shaughnessy Elementary and Price of Wales Secondary.
PROPERTY DETAILS - CEDAR MEWS
HERITAGE CONVERSION 1998 – 19 strata units
Originally built in 1922 - 1923 as Memorial Hall. It had a gymnasium and one of the first indoor swimming pools in Vancouver.
Recent maintenance includes:
2016: New hot water boiler
2017: New roof, new roof deck, new gutters
2018: New hallway chandelier, stairwell walls painted, and a section of irrigation system was repaired and moved to improve performance
2019: Exterior wood trim and stucco painted, re-carpeted elevator cab, new hot water recirculation pump, and new air compressor for Dry Sprinkler System
2020: New Hot Water Pump (moves water from boiler to the hot water tank), new Pressure Reducing Valve, and some areas of the Dry Sprinkler System pipes replaced